Wednesday, June 15, 2011

words from monkey boy wednesday

MonkeyBoy has been a bit of a bear lately- he gets upset about something and goes from happy to crazy PO'd in 2.2 seconds. Then he's so worked up that nothing is going to get him to calm down...we've found it's best to commiserate a bit then let him have some time to himself to work it out. If we continue to stay with him, he just gets more upset.

Last night MB lost it right before dinner so I told him to go to his room and come out when he was done screaming....the rest of us sat down to eat and a few minutes later this little message came floating down the stairs:

message from the room
"frum finn
to dad
to mom
can you let me out"

!!!!! We laughed SO HARD when we saw this. It was shortly followed by another paper:

can you feed me dinner upstairs in my room?

"can you feed me dinner upstairs in my room?"
When we didn't reply right away (we were wiping tears of laughter from our eyes), he sent down one more:

"can you give me som bred"

"can you give me som bred"

Not long after we got this last message, he came downstairs and joined us for the rest of dinner...all tears gone and happy as a clam. Well, at least we know he's definitely learning how to read and write in kindergarten!




3 comments:

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh my gosh, my boy has this same problem too! His new thing since the beginning of January was intensive screaming when things don't go his way! I'm hoping this is just a phase that will go away. Love the sweet handwriting!

Erica said...

I just wanted you to know that I am still laughing at this...after reading it a THIRD time! (Checking for fresh posts from you!! LOL) Happy Summer! :) Erica in NH

Erica said...

Just wanted you to know that I am still laughing at this after reading it a THIRD time! (Checking for fresh posts from you!) Happy Summer! :) Erica in NH