Tuesday, January 02, 2007

things i want to do

I've never been one for making New Year's resolutions...I find it silly to resolve to do something when you know that you won't be able to keep the resolution longer than a few weeks (or days, even!). But I do think about the things I'd like to change in the new year, and here are mine for Aught Seven:

-take a photo a day. The results will be posted on my Flickr stream since I doubt most of you will want to see a photo every day here.

-get more creative with my photography. Take the time to stop and catch images that I normally don't. Alot of this has to do with the fact that I always have the small men with me. It's really hard to pull over, jump out of the car and take photos when the kiddos are screaming in the back. Kinda kills the inspiration, y'know? But I want to make the effort this year.

-spin more. My poor spinning wheel hasn't been touched in at least four months. She looks pretty forlorn sitting in the corner of the office. I have some really lovely rovings that are just dying to be spun up so I need to start spinning again.

-get rid of some of the clutter in my life. It seems like every surface in our house is covered with stuff, most of which is never going to be used. I've already started purging the toys and it feels good to see all the empty shelves.

-knit a lace shawl. The Dearest got me Victorian Lace Today for Christmas. It's so inspiring to look through the book and see all the gorgeous shawls & scarves. I really want to knit at least one project from this book.

Those are the biggest things I'd like to get done this year. No really resolutions, more like good intentions.

What are your good intnentions this year?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been admiring the Victoria Lace Today. Have fun!

And spin up some that Lori roving. I want to oogle.