Tuesday, September 12, 2006

bittersweet

welcome to our class

more preschool pics here


Little Man had his first day of preschool today. He was quite excited to go- he'd been asking all last week "is the first day of school in the morning?". I *almost* cried today, but managed to keep my composure. My sweet sweet boy is heading out into the big world all by himself; it's terrifying and exciting at the same time.

And as of today, it's been almost a week since Monkey Boy asked to nurse. He has evidently weaned himself with no encouragement/discouragement from me. I'm happy to have done with breastfeeding, but sad because MB isn't my little nursling anymore. He didn't even nurse as long as LM did- Little Man made it to 23 months and Monkey Boy stopped nursing at 21 months. Those precious days of holding a milky-mouthed babe are over for me.

My boys are growing up.

3 comments:

Liz K. said...

My youngest, my son, had his first day of preschool today. I will actually have my first regular two-hour stretch without children for the first time since February 2001.

So what did I do? I went to the LYS.

I can relate to your wistfulness. My advice is to smell their heads while they sleep. It really helps. I promise.

Unknown said...

Wow! Such "big" boys!

Fred got in a preschool line the other day and said "Go away, Mom!". I just stood there with my mouth hanging open as he tried to head off with the rest of the kids. I just couldn't believe it.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I know the feeling-I'm going through that double right now. Alexander started kindergarten and Alida just started preschool.