Thursday, June 15, 2006

A trip to the frogpond

Remember my "TShirt Sweater" from Ella Rae? The sweater that gave me hissy fits because of the nasty color pooling? Well I had two sleeves and the back done, and last night I had just cast on for the front when I realized that I didn't like the way it was knitting up. The fabric was just too heavy, probably due to the fact that I used a US8 needle. A couple of swatches later I'd decided that the yarn draped much better with a US10.5. That meant a trip to the frogpond was in order:

the frogpond
I've decided to reknit the TShirt Sweater on US10.5 needles. Too bad I had to wait till I was practically done before changing my mind!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dye Pal,
Did you get your yarn yet? The tracking number says it was delivered today!
Your Secret Dye Pal

Anonymous said...

That's such a bummer! I hate frogging, esp. when so much work has already gone into a garment...

It will be much lighter on the bigger needles, though. And now you'll get to enjoy the Malabrigo all over again!

Anonymous said...

That's so sad! Such gorgeous yarn though, at least you get to re-use it.

Abigale said...

At least it will knit up faster on the bigger needles! I've had to do that once or twice myself - at least it's nice yarn!

Have fun!

Abi