Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I finished another pair of kid socks:
IMG_0025

Project Specs:
Rainbow-ish Socks (named by Little Man)
Yarn: Knitpicks Simple Stripes in Sweet Tarts, less than 1 ball
Pattern: My own

I like this yarn a lot. It's superwash so it's perfect to for kids' socks. Believe it or not, this is the first time I've knit with self striping yarn, and I had a lot of fun watching the stripes appear. The socks fit Little Man perfectly.

He hasn't taken them off since we put them on this morning. Witness the socks in action, worn with LM's new Crocs:
crocs

These pics were taken with my new camera, a Canon Powershot 540. The DSLR I use for work is too big to lug around in my purse so I've been researching compact digicams for a while and the 540 fit the bill. It's not too big and not too small, pretty lightweight and has full manual features (which is important to me as I hardly ever shoot on Auto). Plus at 6MP, it's a vast improvement over our last compact digicam. Here's a closeup of Monkey Boy:
Tech info:
Natural light
ISO 200
AV, 3.5, unknown shutter
No post processing

I think that's pretty good for a pocket camera! No sharpening or Photoshop work here, and it still looks great. In fact I zoomed in on MB's eyes and you can see me there! I'm quite happy with the overall feel of the camera, too. Since I'm planning on carrying it around in my purse, I'm going to knit a camera cozy for it to protect the body and LCD.

The camera arrived yesterday, along with all of this:

I hit this ebay seller and went a little crazy with the magazine subscriptions. She sells so many cool mags at such a good price that I couldn't resist. My mailman is going to hate me- there are at least four or five more magazines coming!

0 comments: