Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Here it goes....

I spent a couple of hours over the weekend dyeing yarn for my DyeORama secret pal and came up with these:

DyeORama Swap Yarn, part of May Proj. Spectrum
"Sargasso Sea"
DyeORama swap yarn
"The Ocean Blue"

She wanted "blues and greens and purples", so hopefully she likes the finished product. We're only supposed to be sending one skein, but I can't make up my mind which one is better so she'll get both. :) The skeins are 350+yds each, superwash yarn in a fingering weight. I was a little concerned at first since the yarn seemed really thin (even for fingering). But after dyeing and hanging to dry, it's softened & plumped up quite nicely.

More adventures in dyeing:

"Violas" on the left, "Pansies" on the right


"Cherry Blossoms"
350yds of DK weight superwash


"Parfait"
150yds of fingering weight superwash...colors are a bit washed out here.

Dyeing is so much fun! However, I think I"m going to have to start selling all this yarn- there's no way in the world that I will be able to use every thing that I dye. And I know that the Dearest is getting tired of tripping over all the yarn. : )


18 comments:

Elspeth said...

I love Cherry Blossoms especially but all of them are great! What yarn did you use as your base yarn?

Anonymous said...

gorgeous yarns!

Julsey said...

oooohhhhh....pretty!!!!

Rosieglasses said...

Those are beautiful. I don't blame you they all look great!

Mamma said...

Your colors are amazing. What do you use to dye your yarn?

Sarita said...

i'll buy some! Beautiful colors...

Anonymous said...

Wow, those came out really nice! I especially love the first one.

Anonymous said...

Not only do you take fabulous pictures, your dying is just gorgeous!! I love the red and pink.

Freecia said...

Please. What yarns and dyes, and how!

Soooo gorgeous. I like blues, greens, and purples (and so does my dye buddy). I'd totally buy one of those skeins. Or more than one. But I should be nice and leave some for the rest of the knitters who love it, too.

Zonda said...

Wow! Gorgeous looking colors there!! :)

Heide said...

Gorgeous yarn, all of it. You definately have an eye for color and your dyeing is so nice and even. I had a hard time not getting white or undyed places. I'll have to keep an eye out for your yarn on Etsy!

Anonymous said...

They are all gorgeous, but my favorite is Pansies! Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Pretty. I'm going to have to break out my dye pots, too.

Anonymous said...

the yarn is coming out lovely! Looks like you got a big range of dyes. I have to agree that the "fingering" weight superwash was a bit thinner than I expected too, but I haven't washed and blocked yet, so I hope it blooms a bit too.

Jessica said...

It's all gorgeous!

C+SK said...

Absolutely beautiful colours!! Lucky pal!

Stacey said...

Absolutely beautiful

Eleni said...

The yarn is spectacular. I haven't gotten into spinning yet, but it looks like that's my next fiber obsession. I'm also curious how the color is coming out so even. I have used the Dharma Dyes to great success....are those the ones you are using also?