Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Easter fun

serious bunny kiss
the whole gang

We had an Easter Egg hunt on Sunday, along with a real live Easter Bunny (see him in the pic?). All the kids on our block had fun running through the cul-de-sac and getting 'bunny faces'. I wish I could have taken more pictures, but it's hard to watch a 16mo old and actually get good photos. But in case you're intesterested, there are more here.

Little Man was really into the egg hunt this year. He got quite the haul of eggs. Monkey Boy got four once he realized that he was supposed to actually put the eggs in his basket and not throw them. After the Egg Hunt, my mom and stepdad stopped by for a quick brunch and some grandkid spoiling. Once the grandparents left, we all had a short nap and headed off to the local park to fly a kite and work off some of the sugar. All in all, it was a great day.

As for knitting, not much has been going on here at Chez Shizzknits. Monkey Boy has been really sick for the past week with some kind of viral thing. He's up pretty much every hour at night- it's almost like having a newborn again because all he wants to do is nurse! I'm exhausted! Luckily he's started feeling better over the last day or so and is on the mend. Of course, he's such a share-er that he passed his sickies onto big brother so Little Man has the same fever and mouth sores. His immune system seems to be doing much better than MB's, as he's pretty much ok during the day. As long as I give him some childrens' Motrin at night to keep the fever down, he sleeps ok.

Since I haven't been knitting much, I decided to pull out my sewing machine and play around with some felt. I saw this thread on Craftster.org about making stuffies out of felt and gave it a try. I made two really cute little "softies" as Little Man calls them. Youl'll have to wait for pics, tho, since he took them to bed with him tonight. Hopefully I can post some images in the morning.


0 comments: