Friday, January 06, 2006

Seaming hell


Chelle's blanket
Originally uploaded by shizzknits.

Blogless Joyce and I decided that it would be nice to knit some squares for a baby blanket for Chelle. I had a big bag of leftover Shine in multiple colors, so we each took a couple of ball and started knitting 4x4 squares. Several other Wednesday night knitters at LPK also volunteered to knit some squares.

Then we threw a little party for Chelle last Wednesday where we put all the squares together. Of course everyone was volunteering to knit squares, but the whole seaming thing? Not so much.

Joyce ended up taking half the blanket home and I took the other half. Today we met at the Sheared Sheep and Joyce had already seamed her half so she handed it over to me. I'm going to attempt seaming the rest of my squares, then put the two halves together. Hopefully we'll have enough of the cream yarn to knit an edging around the whole thing.

And hopefully this will get done before the new baby is a toddler!

1 comments:

Elspeth said...

That is going to be gorgeous! We are doing a similar thing in my SNB but I had to go and be different, and not do the garter border so mine look funny (but I liked them!).