Wednesday, January 11, 2006

New socks



Toddler and baby socks are like crack for sock knitters IMO. They take very little yarn and can be whipped up in mere hours. I love them!

These are knit with yarn left over from Little Man's Shawl Collared Sweater. It's handpaintedyarn.com/Malabrigo's worsted weight merino. Soooo soft! Little Man says they are 'very warm'.

Stats: Malabrigo worsted weight merino, less than 200yds in "Rich Earth" (purchased over a year ago, when they still sold their yarn on their website).

Size 3 DPNs.

My own basic sock pattern. CO 36sts, work in 1x1 rib for a cuff and then do stockinette for the body. Slipstitch heel.

I tried using the sock chimney method to close the toe, but it didn't work at all well. Maybe because these socks are very small?

2 comments:

Home's Jewels said...

I love those socks - very nice. It's so fun to knit up smaller socks. I only wish my little guy liked to wear them!

Oh, you've been tagged:

http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=10174738&postID=113703625347181118

Elspeth said...

So cute! BTW, what shoe size does he wear? I'd like to make my 6 year old some socks but I'm not quite sure how big to make them (that is, how much to cast on).