Monday, September 12, 2005

I'm In! Secret Pal 6

Ok, here goes:
1. Are you a yarn snob: Kinda- I am not a fan of novelty yarns or most 100% acrylic yarns. I prefer natural fibers for the most part, but I've been known to buy my share of Lion Brand WoolEase.

2. Do you spin? Crochet? Oh yes, I'm totally hooked on spinning. My fiber stash is nowhere near as big as my yarn stash...but it's growing! As for crocheting: I can do it, but it's not something I enjoy.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.): Very allergic to angora (just thinking about it makes me itch). Not too fond of strong scents (including smoke and perfume).

4. How long have you been knitting? About 2 1/2 years.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Nope.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.): Anything fruity. I love Bath & Body Works' Vanilla Sugar and also the Ripe Raspberry. Yum. Not really into flowery scents, except for roses.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? More than one. :)

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Beading, scrapbooking, painting....

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I'm pretty out there with my musical tastes. I pretty much listen to everything except hip hop/rap and country.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? My favorite colors would probably be purple and then pink. Probably the only color I can't stand would be yellow.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Married, two little boys (3yrs and 8mos). One crazy ankle biter dog.

12. What are your life dreams? : Is this an interview or what? Hmmm....the answer to this would change depending upon when you ask me. I guess right now I want to raise two wonderful little boys into two self assured, kind, creative and confident men (and not lose my mind in the process). After that, it would be fun to 'retire' and travel with the Dearest. I've always wanted to visit Africa.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I love me them varigated yarns, no matter where they come from. Rowan makes some wonderful yarns, as does Koigu and Jaeger. Oh yah, gotta throw in Socks that Rock and Artyarns' Supermerino too.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Angora cuz it makes me itch (see #3 above). Mohair is hard for me to knit, even tho I like the finished product.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Lace (joined the Summer of Lace/Lace for All Seasons group). I have three lace-y projects going right now.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Stuff for the kiddos because those projects go so quickly and they turn out so cute.

17. What are you knitting right now? OMG can I just rattle off a few of my many WIPs? The Diamond Fantasy Shawl in Knitpicks' Redwood sock yarn. The Little Lacey Top in Elizabeth Lavold's Silky Wool. A felted bag I'm making up using some Brown Sheep Bulky. Socks for the Dearest. I'm going to stop now, cuz I'm embarassing myself.

18. What do you think about ponchos? If I was 16, 5'10" and weighed 99lbs, maybe a good look. As I am now? Not so much.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? I mostly use circs, but I have some lovely wood straights that I really like.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? My faves are Addi Naturas, but they are hard to find. Most of my circs are therefore the Addi Turbos. Almost all of my straight needles are wood (birch, maple and bamboo). All my DPNs are wood. I'm a bit of a needle snob LOL

21. Are you a sock knitter? Well, I have a huge stash of sock yarn, but I haven't knit that many socks. Socks are fun, tho!

22. How did you learn to knit? Lessons at the LYS.

23. How old is your oldest UFO? Probably about 1.5 yrs old. It's the Bed & Breakfast Sweater from an old IK.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Classic Winnie the Pooh's Piglet.

25. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas

26. Is there anything that you collect? Yarn! Ummm...and unique/old glass beads.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None. I usually buy IK or Vogue Knitting from the local bookstore.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? Maybe the current Rowan mag. That's about it, cuz I am always buying knitting related books for myself.

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another?? I really want to try Fiddlesticks' Lotus Blossom or Peacock Shawl. I just don't know if I have the courage to really attempt a big lace project like that!

ETA: 30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like? I have long feet- they're 9.5 inches long and only 4 inches around. Love lacey looking socks, because they are so feminine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I learned more about you today than in the last year!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Obsessed with knitting said...

I'm so out of it, what is the secret pal 6 with all the totally cool buttons on their website?

btw, the love the word verification thing.
to me - it's like playing a game...