Thursday, September 22, 2005

Ghost or pre-felted bag?

It's true- we *do* have a haunted
house.

Haunted by huge (pre-felted) knitted bags. This particular ghost also eats large amounts of popcorn, raisins and fruit snacks. Oh, it seems to love Bob the Builder.

We just can't get rid of the darned thing, no matter how many exorcists we call in.











We had pretty intense thunderstorms this past Tuesday, which is rare for So. Cal.. Here's a view of the sky about an hour before sunset.

Around 1am Tuesday morning, a huge thunderstorm dropped tons of rain on us, complete with some crazy lightning. The thunder came right after the flash of lightning, so of course it woke Little Man up. I heard him crying and found him in the hall bathroom with his hands over his ears. He kept saying "it's too loud!". We calmed him down by showing him to count between the flash and the thunder.

Then Monkey Boy woke up and stayed up for another 2 hours. UGH Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep that night.






Here's the same sky, right before sunset. Little Man and I actually saw a double rainbow right after this. Unfortunately it was too dark for my camera to pick up.

BTW wish us luck; we're going to DLand today for the first time with Little Man and Monkey Boy. Hopefully all the tourists are gone!

5 comments:

Christie said...

how fun...have fun at the mouse kingdom!

Elspeth said...

I was just discussing this with a friend -- is it ever not crowded there? I don't think I've ever been there when it wasn't crowded. And did you know about the Southern CA resident discount? You pay the kids' rate for up to four adults, I think. My FIL used to live down there and we got the discount once. I am so jealous, we haven't been in years!

Anonymous said...

I hope you had fun at DLand! We miss our annual passes.

I can't wait to see how small the bag gets after felting!

Starknitter said...

Hey the bag looks cute on your son, I'll be publishing pictures hopefully on Sunday on my blog

Kent said...

OMG! That pre felted bag is hysterical - it is huge!!