Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Spinning, stitch markers and a cutie

Not much spinning going on lately at Chez Shizknits- mainly because by the time I get the munchkins in bed, I don't have enough energy to sit down with Ellie.
Instead I've been going to La Petite Knittery on Saturday mornings and doing a couple of hours worth of spinning with some of the other spinners. Last weekend, I picked up some gorgeous 20%silk/50%merino/30%alpaca roving in reds, pinks and browns called Cherry Chocolate. Some seriously YUM stuff. It's so smooth that it practically spins itself.

After nearly filling a bobbin, I went looking thru my stash for something appropriate to ply it with and found some brown and white 50/50 alpaca/silk. I have 4 oz. of the Cherry Chocolate and 4 oz of the alpaca/silk, so I'm going to ply them together. Here's a swatch of the finished product, knit on size 5 needles and post-blocking. The bobbin is full of the Cherry Chocolate.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the way that turned out, Sheree!