Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Pinwheel Blanket


Pinwheel Blanket

Well here it is, my Pinwheel Blanket Redux. This one was alot faster to knit since I cast on correctly this time and had 1/2 the stitches from my last try.

I used 3.5 skeins of Koigu Kersti and size 9 needles. The blanket is about 24 inches in diameter; it stretched a lot with blocking (pre blocking diameter was 18inches).

Here's a bird's eye view:

The color in this pic is a little too light. I'm glad I went up a needle size from the previous version of this blanket...it drapes a lot more nicely now. I have some green DK yarn that I'm thinking will make a good crocheted border. I think it would be cute if I put some little bobbles or loops on the points, whatcha think?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOORAY! I really like the way it drapes....

Christie said...

Lover-ly!

marirob said...

I think it looks fantastic! The colors are so lovely. I think you should just put on a border - that way you don't distract from the great colorway.

Jen said...

That's a great blanket! I love the psychedelic swirl of colors!

Noey D. said...

Your blanket is beautiful! I love the aerial shot. It's a work of art.

knitties said...

Gorgeous colours! That's a really great blankie :-)

Unknown said...

Cute! I wouldn't do too fancy of a border--its really quite cool the way it is.