Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Eons ago, I was a huge beading chick. I loved making necklaces, bracelets and what not with beads. Going to the bead store involved hours of picking through hundreds of trays of beads, playing with different combinations and plenty of money being spent.

Obviously this was was pre-munchkins. (I shudder to think of my kiddos in a bead store now!) I haven't done any beading in probably 2 or 3 yrs. But I keep seeing such pretty stitch markers on everyone elses' blogs and thinking "I should make me some of those". So yesterday I dug out my old beading tools, some wire and some charms I had bought previously and made these:

I think they are pretty cute, despite my very rusty beading skills. I can see how they can become addicting and will have to make some more!

3 comments:

Elspeth said...

I love your stitch markers! It's so nice to see someone else who doesn't use jump rings, and I especially love the rectagular beads. They look like Jolly Ranchers!

Obsessed with knitting said...

I *heart* your stitch markers!
see you tonight!

Elspeth said...

What gauge wire do you use? I've been using 20 gauge but yours look sturdier than mine.