Friday, May 13, 2005

No photos tonight....

It's been a long day and I'm exhausted- but I did have time to spin some more. I ended up spinning some of my Brown Sugar roving, which I want to ply with the Coopworth I've already spun. I had a heck of a time with the Brown Sugar, though. I wanted to spin a little thicker and could not for the life of me get the tension right. Either it was taking up too quickly or not fast enough. Several times I had the yarn twisting back on itself before it even got to the orfice. grrrr I think my problems tonight have more to do with the fact that I used Ellie upstairs where it's all carpeted. She kept trying to slide away from me and I really had to work the treadles. Maybe I'll have to limit my spinning to the tiled area downstairs.

I did get out the plying head and played with it a bit. After figuring out how everything worked and what went where, I managed to ply just a little bit of the Coopworth and Brown Sugar together. Not a pretty sight! I think I will spend some more time spinning singles and save the plying for the Wednesday night sit N stitch so I have some other spinners to help me.

0 comments: